Adding 512GB NVME as VM Container

heavenkid

May 11, 2022
Greetings.

I seeking for some pointer to add a new 512GB NVME to be use to host my VM.
Previously tested with a 128GB NVME, I was able to easily add it under individual VM > Hardware > Add HDD.

Trying to repeat the same, but after using the 'initialize disk with GPT' as I did before with the 128GB (next action just add HDD), this time I can't repeat the same.
Appreciate if someone can point me as to how I should be adding this new NVME as HDD for my VM.

Thank you.

Greetings.

I seeking for some pointer to add a new 512GB NVME to be use to host my VM.
Previously tested with a 128GB NVME, I was able to easily add it under individual VM > Hardware > Add HDD.

Trying to repeat the same, but after using the 'initialize disk with GPT' as I did before with the 128GB (next action just add HDD), this time I can't repeat the same.
Appreciate if someone can point me as to how I should be adding this new NVME as HDD for my VM.

Thank you.

After initializing it, you have to create a pool for it... For example, if you want to create a zfs pool stripe, then go to ZFS and create a ZFS pool. that is located under Disks section of your node. After that you go to Datacenter>Storage>Add>ZFS there you can select you pool it can be added to your datacenter. I hope you know the consequences though of running single disk when that drive fails.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!