Access pci-e DVB-S2 (TBS6981 PCI-E DVB S2 HD Dual Tuner Card) via OpenVZ?

charlie0440

Jan 28, 2011
Has anyone used this card with Proxmox?

I'm looking at settings up a proxmox server and want to have a dual tuner DVB-S2 card on one of my hosts (yavdr - a linux distro).

Please correct me if im wrong... but I should be able to use OpenVZ to access this card?

I believe they have linux drivers for the card Kernel 2.6.35

Can anyone tell me if the above is feasible, if the only device i need to pass through is a DVB-S2 card and it would be to yavdr or maybe mythTV

I was originally looking at building a vt-d system, which is the best route to take?

Any alternative DVB-S2 devices to use ie ones people have that are working? ideally pci-e!

One other question:
I would like to run pfsense as another host (based on FreeBSD) can this run on OpenVZ? and could if access a Network card ie a 4 port pci-e card?

many thanks

Last edited:
Yes,TBS6981 is ready with Windows BDA driver and Linux driver up to the latest kernel(Tested on Ubuntu,Fedora,Opensuse and other Linux distributions).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!