Installing on LSI MegRAID SAS (ServeRAID M1015) , no boot

fsolari

May 25, 2012
Hi , I am trying to install Proxmox VE 2.1 on an IBM server with ServeRAID M1015 in RAID-5 configuration
The proxmox installer recognizes the two virtual disks precreated with the BIOS utilities, but, well, one install failed with a strange html error, and the next one install and finishes but on reboot ...it looks like grub failed and there is no boot-loader on the first disk
Trying again, checked on the second console (text mode) that grub run succesfully, no errors at all, but the same trouble: no boot

Booting from the cd and typing pveboot to boot the kernel from the cd and mount the root filesystem from disk ...fails with messages about lvm and fsck check corrupted /dev/mapper/pve/data and the other filesystems...

Tried to install again and check no errors, but the same result.

Is there a special driver for this controller? Or it is just not supported ?

Hi all,

Same problem here with latest PVE 3.3 (and kernel 2.6.32) : installs but doesn't boot.

Any help or hope?

Thanks,

Christophe.

Last edited:
I've been using this controller with no problems. Just make sure that the boot drive is located on the first M1015 controller that the BIOS/MB finds.

Hi,

Proxmox 3.3 no boot
I have a server IBM X3100M4 with M1015 but i not see options in BIOS/MB for boot with M1015

I have 2 of these and you need to boot in the Web BIOS for the RAID card.

CTRL-Y is for the CLI and I can't remember the keys for the Web BIOS but it shows up during boot on the same line.

The Web BIOS has an option to enable boot on a device.

Serge

Yes in the Web BIOS (CTRL-H) it's "set boot drive" and state is of "NONE" at "0"
but it's not boot .. :(

Hi all,

An easy fix for this proxmox installer bug :
- install proxmox VE 3.1,
- apt-get -update ; apt-get dist-upgrade and you get a working and up to date PVE 3.3

Christophe.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!