Better Web UI for Proxmox (a suggestion)

kotakomputer

Renowned Member
May 14, 2012
Jakarta, Indonesia
www.proxmoxindo.com
1. Currently Web UI shows ID, VM ID, Name, Storage, etc but there is no IP. Please provide this column so we can see which IP used.
2. Also, after I choose to show ID or VM ID column then click a node, the selected not saved!
3. I can not select any text in Web UI (i.e at Summary tab), this is important while we want to copy piece of text for troubleshoot rather than switch to CLI while we are in Web UI
4. The "Search" tab maybe rename to "List"?
5. Please provide a "timer/watch/progress bar" while doing long time task. i,e: when open a detail log the Web UI stop then after several seconds a popup window appear. This progress bar extremely helpful if we are in slow connection to proxmox server
6. A checkbox column on "Search" tab, so we can start/stop/restart selected or all VM in one click

3. I can not select any text in Web UI (i.e at Summary tab), this is important while we want to copy piece of text for troubleshoot rather than switch to CLI while we are in Web UI

- i think that selecting text on gui would be really useful .
- i also can't see where the "notes" field has gone now... it was on 1.x series well i can see notes on summary but can't write in it...
[edit] oops.. sorry it worlks, you have to doublecclick on the "notes" field... not that intutitive... but...
- gui has other issues, like: can't see all nfs shares (lists make visible only first 3-4 of them)

Marco

Last edited:
7. We can not EDIT the IP Address of VM! To change IP Address we must add the new IP first then remove the old one.
8. There is no IP Pool, suppose 192.168.1.0 allocated to server 1 and 192.168.2.0 to server 2.
9. If we have storage local1 (server-01) and local2 (server-01), then VM created under local1 not listed as child of local1.

10. BACKUP: Proxmox only support Weekly backup. We need more options, such as: backup on certain date, select full backup or incremental backup, wait certain cpu % load (i.e: don't backup if cpu load 90%)

Note: all of my requests (since request #1) are not a new request but I found this function already exists in other Web Control Panel: such as OpenVZ Web Panel and of course the best ... SolusVM.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!