Zero Downtime NFS snapshots?

gbr

May 13, 2012
Hi,

We currently run Citrix XenServer as our virtualization platform. After running for a few years on iSCSI, we switched to NFS (flakey iSCSI hardware and snapshots).

One thing XenServer does is zero downtime NFS snapshots, using a copy-on-write system. When the snapshot is removed, it 'coalesces' the original file and the new cow file.

Are there plans to implement a zero downtime NFS snapshot solution for Proxmox? Or better yet, a GlusterFS one?

Gerald

Would it be possible to integrate hcp http://wiki.r1soft.com/display/LTR1D/hcp with NFS backups? With it, it should be possible to do zero downtime NFS snapshots.

My problem is I don't know how Proxmox does snapshots, so if someone can point me in the right direction...

Gerald

Now that I think about it, hcp doesn't solve my zero downtime snapshots, since my VM's are on an NFS server.

Citrix XenServer does zero downtime NFS snapshots, and I REALLY got used to them.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!