proxmox 2.0 to 1.9 .raw

psauxw

Renowned Member
May 2, 2012
Hello everyone,

I would like to know if it's possible to copy a .raw VM image from proxmox 2.0 (or 2.1) to a proxmox 1.9.
I would test it myself but I only have 1 server at the moment and I wanted to maybe downgrade it from 2.1 to 1.9.

Thanks for your time =)

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if it's possible to copy a .raw VM image from proxmox 2.0 (or 2.1) to a proxmox 1.9.
I would test it myself but I only have 1 server at the moment and I wanted to maybe downgrade it from 2.1 to 1.9.

Thanks for your time =)
Hi,
of course yes. You can also copy an raw-file direct to an hdd (with dd) and boot from this disk. A raw-file is the direct "image" of an hdd.

You can also copy the config-file and you need only small changes there (mainly network). But for security reason you should better go for pve2.x instead on a lenny-box!

Udo

Thank you for your answer.

I don't know why but windows 2008 and windows 7 seems to run better on proxmox 1.9 than 2.0+ with the same exact config (cache,ram, space, paravirtualized eth) I will investigate on that... that's the main reason I wanted to downgrade my box

It appears the problem was in my head only =P ... I downgraded for nothing :( its a chance I saved the .raw
Thanks again for your time.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!