Proxmox 2.1 and Webmin LVM Logical Volumes

veezavee

May 1, 2012
Has anyone had any issues when upgrading to Proxmox VE 2.1 as it relates to Webmin? I no longer have my LVM Logical Volumes displaying in the Webmin LVM module. Volume Groups and Physical Volumes display and I can see Logical Volumes from the terminal using lvdisplay but for some reason I don't see them in Webmin any longer. I can create LV's in webmin, but even so they don't display. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am running Proxmox VE 2.1-1 and Webmin 1.58o with LVM version 2.02.95. Thanks.

No issues here. I just did a fresh install of Proxmox 2.1 and installed the latest Webmin I am able to see the PVE volume group. I also created two LVMs using fdisk. Then I went into Webmin and it does allow me to create a new volume group using the two LVMs I created. I suggest you just uninstall your current webmin then reinstall it back in.

Screen Shot 2012-05-15 at 3.47.58 PM.png

I do see it too when I do an lvdisplay but it does not show up using the Webmin LVM manager. It looks like a bug in Webmin, you'll have to post it on the Webmin forum.

This looks like a webmin issue, seems not compatible with the latest l package. And again, installing web min or any other similar tool is not recommended at all.

I have the same problem too!. Webmin is a must to have tool for newbies as me, and I cannot work without it.
Anybody knows a solution??

Look here: http://www.webmin.com -> "Webmin development version 1.587 with Ubuntu 12.04 support"

I removed "old" Webmin -> "dpkg --remove webmin"
Downloaded the current -> "wget http://download.webmin.com/devel/deb/webmin_current.deb"
Installed the current -> "dpkg --install webmin_current.deb"

Now it works :D

Alex

This looks like a webmin issue, seems not compatible with the latest l package. And again, installing web min or any other similar tool is not recommended at all.

I know this is kind of an old post/question but wanted to add that I just had some issues with an issue between PROX and WEBMIN.... It had to do with an NFS mount that disappeared and issues adding another NFS share. Just did not seem to work... come to find out Webmin was holding the ball sort of speak, and did not want to play with Prox. Once the NFS share was released in Webmin, all was well. But I lost a couple of days worth of backups deleting and moving data..

I have started to rely on some tools in Webmin... but it can give you issues and unpredictable results.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!