Cannot create NFS4 storage via web interface

taspenatu

Apr 30, 2012
Munich
Hi all,

the NFS version 3 is hard coded in /usr/share/pve-manager/ext4/pvemanagerlib.js (line 14006, Version 2.1-1/f9b0f63a).

Code:
            // hack: for now we always create nvf v3
            // fixme: make this configurable
            values.options = 'vers=3';

Therefore it's impossible to create a NFS4 storage via the web interface.
pvesh doesn't use a default version.

Are there any special reasons for this and how can I use the defaults from /etc/nfsmount.conf when I create a NFS storage via web interface?

Many thanks
Frank

Are there any special reasons for this and how can I use the defaults from /etc/nfsmount.conf when I create a NFS storage via web interface?

Many users reported problems with NFS4.

The plan is to add those settings to the GUI, but it is currently not implemented.

Unfortunately the behaviour of the web interface is not consistent with the API2.
PVE should support either NFS3 only or let the user decide which version to use.

Or is it a kind of hidden option for super users? :)

Many thanks
Frank

Ok I have a patch.
To whom can I send it?

I would love to have the patch! I have tried to implement a NFSv4 active/passive cluster service on my Proxmox 2.1 host's for ISO storage but the GUI is not able to use it, probably because it is NFSv3 only. You seem to have the missing link :eek:

I would love to have the patch! I have tried to implement a NFSv4 active/passive cluster service on my Proxmox 2.1 host's for ISO storage but the GUI is not able to use it, probably because it is NFSv3 only. You seem to have the missing link :eek:

I've sent the patch to pve-devel.

As a workaround you can disable the line containing "vers=3" in /usr/share/pve-manager/ext4/pvemanagerlib.js
and create /etc/nfsmount.conf
Code:
[ NFSMount_Global_Options ]
        vers=4

Or use the pvesh command
Code:
create /storage -storage <storageid> -type nfs -export <nfs export> -server <freenas server> -path /mnt/pve/<storageid> -options vers=4

Frank

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!