Proxmox and OVH

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmjosebest

Renowned Member
Jan 16, 2009
Hello, i have updated my Proxmox OVH versión and i get an error, problem with kvm-83.

My processor is: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz

apt-get -f install
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Correcting dependencies... Done
The following extra packages will be installed:
pve-kvm
The following NEW packages will be installed:
pve-kvm
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
2 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B/1408kB of archives.
After unpacking 4477kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
(Reading database ... 26050 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking pve-kvm (from .../pve-kvm_83-1_amd64.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/pve-kvm_83-1_amd64.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite `/usr/bin/qemu-nbd', which is also in package pve-kvm-2.6.24
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/pve-kvm_83-1_amd64.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
Y restarted, and the OpenVZ run OK

but the kvm machines get error:

VM 102 start failed: command '/usr/bin/kvm -monitor unix:/var/run/qemu-server/102.mon,server,nowait -vnc unix:/var/run/qemu-server/102.vnc,password -pidfile /var/run/qemu-server/102.pid -daemonize -usbdevice tablet -name win.misdns.eu -smp 2 -id 102 -cpuunits 200 -boot cdn -vga std -tdf -localtime -k es -drive file=/var/lib/vz/images/102/vm-102-disk.qcow2,if=ide,index=0,boot=on -drive file=/var/lib/vz/template/iso/winxp.iso,if=ide,index=2,media=cdrom -m 128 -net tap,vlan=0,ifname=vmtab102i0,script=/var/lib/qemu-server/bridge-vlan0 -net nic,vlan=0,model=rtl8139,macaddr=EE:C9:54:xxx -net user,vlan=10,hostname=win.misdns.eu -net nic,vlan=10,model=rtl8139,macaddr=A2:E7:5xxxx' failed with exit code 1 at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/QemuServer.pm line 295.
pveversion -v
pve-manager: not correctly installed (pve-manager/1.1/3664)
qemu-server: not correctly installed
pve-kernel: not correctly installed
pve-kvm: not correctly installed
pve-firmware: not correctly installed
vncterm: 0.9-1
vzctl: 3.0.23-1pve1
vzdump: 1.1-1
vzprocps: 2.0.11-1dso2
vzquota: 3.0.11-1dso1
It's possible solve this issue??
I think OVH was necessary to create a new image to install from the Manager (Control Panel client to reinstall our server), could be tomorrow, within a month, next year...

Thaaankksss!!!! and greetings ;)

Last edited:
as noted in the upgrade instruction, pls contact OVH before you upgrade - as they do not use the standard installation you cannot follow the standard upgrade process.

But, where is the problem?

again, you ask the wrong people - pls ask OVH support as they are the only knowing what they changed in the standard Proxmox VE installation.

would you like look the setup?
i can feel to you tech access into my manager and you look the installation manager.

would you like look the setup?
i can feel to you tech access into my manager and you look the installation manager.

seems that you cannot read. if you are on OVH you need OVH support. I will close this thread here.

Proxmox Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!