Problem with pve-upgrade-1.9-to-2.0

Sorry, these 2 test nodes was in cluster when with 1.9. But with 2.0, I don't do a cluster as the network do not support multicast. But yesterday, I tried to setup the cluster with 2.0 just to verify that multicast is not working...

Last edited:
OK, so we can safely remove the cluster configuration? If so, try:

# /etc/init.d/pve-cluster stop
# rm /etc/cluster/cluster.conf
# pmxcfs -l
# rm /etc/pve/cluster.conf
# /etc/init.d/pve-cluster stop
# /etc/init.d/pve-cluster start

Thank, work fine now.

I removed the cluster config as requested and run again import.

sd-33092:~# ./pve-upgrade-1.9-to-2.0 --import
starting import
import file: /etc/pve/user.cfg
import file: /etc/pve/datacenter.cfg
import file: /etc/pve/storage.cfg
import file: /etc/pve/openvz/101.conf
import done

And the openvz container is back.

Ya!

I ran the upgrade on an up to date 1.9 system that has been migrated from 1.3 all the way to 1.9 over the last few years.

I had to run some commands manually during the installation to get the system to install properly:

Here's how the installation process went:

./pve-upgrade-1.9_to_2.0
dpkg --remove dab

./pve-upgrade-1.9_to_2.0
dpkg --configure procps

./pve-upgrade-1.9_to_2.0

received an email error that "libc6" config failed to restart some services; specifically, apache2.

Other than that, the upgrade went great!

I got the same issue with the upgrade script, pmxcfs kept saying "Unable to get local IP address". I checked the configuration and /etc/hosts does have an entry for the name defined in /etc/hostname.

The catch is that /etc/hostname defines a fully qualified domain name (foo.example.com) and it seems pmxcfs doesn't handle this properly. I added the sub domain "foo" in /etc/hosts and now pmxcfs works fine.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!