Windows 2008 R2 64 Bits on Proxmox. Urgent Help!!

d_loayza

Mar 28, 2012
I want to install Windows 2008 R2 on Proxmox. The installation ends well. But when it starts the network card does not take IP address from DHCP on the network, displays a message that says "Unidentified Network" never connects to the Internet.

I tested with the following hardware:
ASUS Motherboard Chipset H61-MLX P8H61
ECS Motherboard Chipset H61H2 H61-M3
Network Adapter Realtek 8111 Gigabit
Network Adapter Realtek 8168 Gigabit
Network Adapter Realtek 8139 Megabit

And the following software:
Proxmox v1.8
Proxmox v1.9
Proxmox v2.0 RC1
Windows 2008 Server Standard 64 bit
Windows 2008 Server Standard R2 64 Bit

If Windows was installed directly on the hardware, ie without Proxmox, works perfectly well, the network adapter get fine the IP and connects seamlessly to the Internet.

I'm tired of seeking help from google and this forum but nothing!

If someone managed to install Windows 2008 Server Standard R2 64 Bit on Proxmox, I will greatly appreciate your help. :D

Please excuse my English; is not so good. ;)

Best Regards

Daniel Loayza

I have many 2K8 R2 servers running on Proxmox v1.7 - v1.9. A few as RDS systems.
I use the e1000 network card option in Pmx.

The hardware is HP BL465 G1 and Tyan Thunder n3600B based motherboards.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!