Appliance downloads are back (Proxmox VE 2.0rc1) including TurnKey Linux library

martin

Proxmox Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 28, 2005
Hi all!

We just uploaded some new packages, including the appliance downloader.

Recently the TurnKey Linux project released OpenVZ based templates and both projects decided to integrate them in Proxmox VE 2.0.

This means you can now download and deploy any TurnKey OpenVZ appliance on your Proxmox VE server in a couple of clicks without leaving your browser.

The well known Proxmox VE appliances are also back, known from 1.9.

How to get it?

Just run "aptitude update && aptitude full-upgrade" to update from a previous version, same as always.

See also this screenshot, showing the download area:

View attachment 770

Happy testing, waiting for feedback!

Martin Maurer
Proxmox VE project leader

Attachments

• appliance-download-pve2.png
    appliance-download-pve2.png
    59.5 KB · Views: 174
great stuff! some "cosmetic issues" though:

- it seems not to be possible to identify 32- or 64-Bit templates in template selection
- after having downloaded a template, the description seems to get lost; only the filename remains to identify templates

both could "hurt" if more than "a few" are used... :)

Hmm not working for me i do not see the template section within my storage! wounder what i am missing here
Maybe the update hasnt hit the debian squeeze repo yet, however there were a bunch of pve updates today when i did aptitude upgrade

Things are working now must take some time think i something in the logs about proxmox adding templates today

Haha I just built a zimbra machine using kvm it is the network edition, however I am going to roll out a OSS soon too. I can figure out how to do templates I will definitely add it or help someone else add it. Would love to get back to the proxmox community

PS It's almost 4 am here I gotta go Hope this post makes sense

Just updated my test installation earlier this week and noticed that the templates didn't appear to be there, so I run the update again today and still the templates are the same as when I installed the beta (I think I started with beta3). Any ideas?
templates.png

Just updated my test installation earlier this week and noticed that the templates didn't appear to be there, so I run the update again today and still the templates are the same as when I installed the beta (I think I started with beta3). Any ideas?

What is the output of:

# pveam update

any hint in /var/log/syslog?

I figured it out (funny how posting something makes you rethink through it again). I looked at the log for pveam and figured out that the templates update by querying an address not listed in sources. Moving forward all of our infrastructure servers will be walled off from direct internet access. In the past I could temporarily open up access for updates, etc., but that's not being allowed now (too many people opening up systems and leaving them that way), so I'm already mirroring the repositories on an internal system for updates, but that isn't helping for this. I'll just manually load the templates we're most likely to use and train the staff that they can't use the integrated list.

Thanks anyway!

so I'm already mirroring the repositories on an internal system for updates, but that isn't helping for this. I'll just manually load the templates we're most likely to use and train the staff that they can't use the integrated list.

Don't you have a http proxy?

template uploads are great by themselves, but with tornkey appliances it's simply awesome! Thanks, proxmox team!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!