Proxmox VE 2.0 rc1 released!
We just uploaded the first release candidate of Proxmox VE 2.0 (new ISO and also updated the repository). Just run "aptitude update && aptitude full-upgrade" to update from a previous beta, same as always.
This version can be upgraded to upcoming 2.0 releases including the stable release without problems. Its also the first 2.0 release which is based on a stable Kernel.
(Upgrading from 1.9 to 2.0 is not yet supported but will be possible via upgrade script.)
A big Thank-you to our active community for all feedback, testing, bug reporting and patch submissions.
- Role based user- and permission management for all objects (VM´s, storages, nodes, etc.)
- Support for multiple authentication sources
- New Kernel, based on vzkernel-2.6.32-042stab049.6.src.rpm
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Linux PAM
- Proxmox VE internal authentication
- vzdump uses now LZO compression by default (faster)
- Countless bug fixes
Documentation (work in progress)
Get involved (incl. links to the public git repository and bugzilla bugtracker):
Proxmox VE 2.0 beta/rc forum
Happy testing, waiting for feedback!
Proxmox VE project leader