Cannot commit cluster.conf.new - Error in cluster.rng

kcalliauw

Jan 13, 2012
Belgium
Hi all,

I ran into this issue: When changing anything in the configuration file (even a simple newline somewhere) and I run 'commit', I get the following error: "Config validation failed: Unknown error (500)", so I started searching around and it looks to me as if there's a schema error in the file used to validate the XML:

Code:
root@node8:/etc/pve# ccs_config_validate -v -f cluster.conf.new
Creating temporary file: /tmp/tmp.9YaM1zR0Qx
Config interface set to:
Configuration stored in temporary file
Updating relaxng schema
Validating..
/usr/share/cluster/cluster.rng:992: element ref: Relax-NG parser error : Reference PVEVM has no matching definition
/usr/share/cluster/cluster.rng:992: element ref: Relax-NG parser error : Internal found no define for ref PVEVM
Relax-NG schema /usr/share/cluster/cluster.rng failed to compile
Validation completed

Here's my config (just added a newline between node7 and node8, those were concatenated on one line:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<cluster name="LAYER7CLOUD" config_version="4">

<cman keyfile="/var/lib/pve-cluster/corosync.authkey">
  </cman>

<clusternodes>
  <clusternode name="node6" votes="1" nodeid="1"/>
  <clusternode name="node7" votes="1" nodeid="2"/>
  <clusternode name="node8" votes="1" nodeid="3"/></clusternodes>

</cluster>

Did anybody run into this issue as well or have a fix/workaround for this?
Thanks!

Best regards,
Koen

new error:
# ccs_config_validate /etc/pve/cluster.conf-new
Relax-NG validity error : Extra element cman in interleave
tempfile:22: element cman: Relax-NG validity error : Element cluster failed to validate content
Configuration fails to validate

thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!