Master down, but I have backups, can restore to slave, but can't start on GUI v1.9

X

xminer

My master is down hard in a 1.9 cluster... its not coming back. I have the vzdumps and can restore them to the slave node, but I can't start the restored VM as I don't have write access on the node from the GUI... is there a way to force it to start, or a way to make the node go from clustered to standalone and continue running its VM and start the one I imported? Storage is all local... I just want to start the VZ VM I imported from backup...

Sorry if this is posted somewhere, I can't find it, feel free t point me in the right direction.

-Russ

Re: Master down, but I have backups, can restore to slave, but can't start on GUI v1.

Hi Russ,
have you tried to start from the console "qm start 123"?

But easier is to use the remaining node as new master. "pveca -m" is your friend.

Udo

Re: Master down, but I have backups, can restore to slave, but can't start on GUI v1.

Udu,

thank you for reminding me about pveca... and I used vzctl as it was a OpenVZ vm... exactly the hints I needed, thanks for the clue.

-Russ

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!