Can't VNC to guest VM in 1.9

VirtualMan

Jan 25, 2012
I'm new to Proxmox VE and have just installed it on a test server. Although teh test went well and I can create VMs easily I can't connect to them. I can't VNC to them by typing <host IP>:<VM ID> as I've seen suggested in some posts and I can't see them in the Monitor in Firefox or IE. What more do I need to do?

Thanks for the quick reply, I've got the browser based VNC console running by re-installing Java and although this helps a lot I really need to be able to use something like VNC viewer from my Windows 7 desktop. Is there something I need to configure on the host to allow this?

search the forum, there is a howto somewhere. but why do you need this? the web console works very well on windows 7.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!