Proxmox VE 2.0 beta2 released!
We just released the second beta of Proxmox VE 2.0 (new ISO and also updated the repository). Just run "aptitude update && aptitude dist-upgrade" to update from the first beta.
A big Thank-you to our active community for all feedback, testing, bug reporting and patch submissions.
- Backup and Restore
- GUI and CLI, works for OpenVZ containers and KVM VM´s
- "Backup Now" via GUI
- Complete new backup scheduler
- All jobs can be monitored as “Recent tasks”
- vzdump package is obsolete, all code went into pve-manager package
- KVM monitor
- Multiple storages for OpenVZ container, no limit to /var/lib/vz anymore!!!
- vswap support
- Improved init.log (shows startup logs of a OpenVZ container)
- Simple File Manager
- Upload ISO images and templates via browser
- No size limit anymore, you can upload DVD iso to all storage types via browser, even BD works
- Works on all nodes, e.g. if you are connected on node1 you can upload images to storage on node2
- “Right-click” menus
- Syslog viewer complete reworked, auto refresh
- Clusterwide “Recent tasks”, major improvements
- VNC Console
- Starting and shutdown container and VM´s
- Open VNC Console
- Browser support
- Can be opened also for non-running container and VM´s (easier to debug startup issues for KVM guests)
- Initial support for IE, Firefox and Chrome are preferred (use always latest versions)
- Countless small bug fixes
- Based on vzkernel-2.6.32-042stab042.1.src.rpm
Here are the important links:
Documentation (work in progress)
Get involved (incl. links to the public git repository and bugzilla bugtracker):
Proxmox VE 2.0 beta forum
Happy testing, waiting for feedback!
Proxmox VE project leader
Last edited by tom; 11-19-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Reason: added KVM monitor