More as 5 VMbr to an Gust

Church23

Nov 5, 2011
Hello
I has install Pfsense, and has try to add 6VMbridges VMBR1 VMBR2 VMBR3 VMBR4 .........
When i try to add the VMbr6 comes this error message:
Code:
Parameter verification failed.  (400)

[B]net6[/B]: property is not defined in schema and the schema does not allow additional properties

What it means? And how can i add the VMBR6 ?

So its not possible to add more as 'net0' to 'net5' ?
Comes this feature maybe later?

Yes, as soon as the pci bridge device is working in qemu-kvm.

Any news on this? I had an vpn server with 8 nics running on 1.9 and after upgrading to proxmox 2, I can't boot it. Why it can run on 1.9 and does not work on 2.X?

Thanks,

best regards,
Xabier Elkano

One of my systems has just become unusable because of this issue. Here I'm using a VM with a router appliance with 9 VLANs. The last 3 are not working, as described. Well, the fix is in the hands of the Qemu developers, or it seems so.

This is actually working

I tried a quick hack as follows: in QemuServer.pm line 399, modified MAX_NETS to 16 (arbitrary, I don't know the limits). Restarted pvedaemon, apache2, and created a KVM VM with 9 interfaces. It was working. Then I reconfigured my router appliance to have all of its original network adapters, and it's been working without a hitch up till now. So practically the problem is solved for now, I wonder if this could be verified and the change could be released in the next testing version of PVE?

Re: This is actually working

Can someone from Proxmox team confirm this solution?

As Dietmar said, no, please don't use this workaround. I needed it quickly to be able to fire up a firewall appliance. I'll probably update soon to 2.2 as well and remove this hack.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!