joomla appliance and initial passwords missing

jarcher

Mar 15, 2009
Hi All...

I have been fighting with the Joomla appliance. I can install it, but when I try to find the randomized passwords as explained int he wiki, I see no reference to them in my log. I'll paste my log below. I am installing on Proxmox VE 1.7. MySql is running...

Thanks...

starting init logger
INIT: version 2.88 booting
stty: standard input: Invalid argument
Using makefile-style concurrent boot in runlevel S.
Activating swap...done.
mount: permission denied
Cleaning up ifupdown....
Setting up networking....
Fast boot enabled, so skipping file system check. ... (warning).
Mounting local filesystems...done.
Activating swapfile swap...done.
Cleaning up temporary files....
Configuring network interfaces...done.
Starting portmap daemon....
Cleaning up temporary files....
Setting kernel variables ...done.
INIT: Entering runlevel: 2
stty: standard input: Invalid argument
Using makefile-style concurrent boot in runlevel 2.
Starting portmap daemon...Already running..
Starting enhanced syslogd: rsyslogd.
Starting web server: apache2.
Starting deferred execution scheduler: atd.
Starting periodic command scheduler: cron.
Starting MySQL database server: mysqld.
Checking for corrupt, not cleanly closed and upgrade needing tables..
Starting Postfix Mail Transport Agent: postfix.
Starting OpenBSD Secure Shell server: sshd.
INIT: no more processes left in this runlevel

which password do you miss?

The auto-generated passwords for MySql and Joomla. According to the wiki, these are supposed to be auto-genned and reported in the log file that is created on the initial run of the appliance. There is a screen shot in the wiki, but the lines referenced in the screen shot do not appear in my logs.

I assume you use the official joomla template: http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Joomla!

there is no autogenerated mysql password. if you run the joomla web installer you will be prompted for the joomla password.

The default MySQL root password is admin for the ProxMox Team's Joomla Template. The MySQL Joomla User, password and joomla have to be created first to be usable during the Joomla web install page if not intending to use the root MySQL user for it.

If you are using my appliances, then the first init.log on the pve-manager web gui will display all access info. The random MySQL root user password will be archived in /root/.my.cnf .

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!