Standard vs. Professional Licence

pklett

Aug 22, 2011
Hello,

currently I'm evaluating Proxmox Mail Gateway for a customer of mine. This customer has several (> 5) email domains and
the number of domains change over the year (3-5 new domains, one or two domains get deleted). As far as I understand
the licence model, one can not change the domains within the year with the standard licence. Is this correct?
E.g. our customer has the domains

mycompany.com
myothercompany.com
myothercompany.org
myothercompany.net
someothercompany.com
someveryspecialcompany.com

Now I order the standard unlimited licence for this domains, after two month, the customer comes to me and has 2 new domains, e.g.

completenewcompany.com
alsonewcompany.com

and wants to have the someveryspecialcompany.com deleted (business didn't work out, or whatever), that would mean I would have to apply
for a new licence (if possible)? Or does that only work with a professional licence?

Maybe I got something completely wrong.

Thanks for clarification
Peter

if you have more than three changes per year you need to go for a Professional License. Only with the pro version you are able to change the mail domain list by your own, as many times you need it.

Hi tom,

thanks for your answer, I understand that this limitation is some kind of protection of yours against misuse. Is there a possibility to raise that limit? Unfortunately b/c of that limit your product is kind of out of the picture regarding the evaluation.

greetings peter

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!