Proxmox Mail Gateway Price ? are they serious ?

sohaib

May 14, 2011
Hello,

I wanted to buy proxmox and find out for 5 domains Proxmox is selling it for $1500 are you really serious ? Thats a LOT of money where as I can get barracuda hosted spam service for $700 and with updates or buy the hardware, I hope above pricing is wrong .

Hi,
I'm not stuff of Proxmox or not a seller , just i wanted to give to you some tricks regarding price details.

You can find price details from below link.
http://www.proxmox.com/downloads/mail-gateway/documentation/56-proxmox-mail-gateway-price-list

Just keep in your mind.If you want to ActiveDirectory entegration"User based rules" should buy extra license.

Also i recommend to you a deep anaylise between versions. Free-Standart-Professional etc.. before go to purchase.

I hope it's helps to find correct licance methods for you.

the pricing is cheap if you go a lot of users, as all license are for unlimited usage. also, the initial price includes the license and the maintenance for the first year and even more important, the support (unlimted, via trouble ticket system).

if you have just a few users you can still use the free version which is free :)

Not sure when you say price is cheap ?, Industry largest spam gateway provider like barracuda charges $400 for 100 users for hosted edition, now if I decided to buy Spamtitan which is a very good spam gateway charges $395 for 50 users, and proxmox mailgateway price is much higher in EUROS convert that to USD, never tried the free version I am not sure how many domains or users it will handle but still if you compare to the market its way overpriced but I am sure its a very good product.

again, if you have high user count its very cheap. compare prices with 500 or 1000 users.

and it seems that you do not consider the full support - unlimted support tickets - included in the pricing. but if its not suitable for you just go for another product.

again, if you have high user count its very cheap. compare prices with 500 or 1000 users.

and it seems that you do not consider the full support - unlimted support tickets - included in the pricing. but if its not suitable for you just go for another product.

If PROXMOX offer pricing for 25 or 50 users reasonable enough like 50 users for $350 I will consider but right now we use Barracuda

you also cannot compare a hosted solution with a on-site one. its just too different.

Its a big argument but to answer your question SPAMTITAN is $385 for one and for cluster they are priced at $589 with 50 users.

as far as I see spamtitan charges the same amount every year, compare TCO for 3 or 5 years. (we only charge 30 % on the following years).

and take a look on the features, e.g. our message tracking center will help in your daily business.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!