Support for Realtek RTL8111/8168B or Intel 82573L?

swanes

Aug 7, 2011
Doe anyone have any instructions for getting an:

Intel Corporation 82573L Gigabit Ethernet Controller​
or a
Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller

working with the latest version of Proxmox VE? The install does not seem to recognize either adapter.

Thanks,

Steve
--
Steve Swaney
steve@swaney.com

Doe anyone have any instructions for getting an:

Intel Corporation 82573L Gigabit Ethernet Controller or a Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller
The Intel chip should be recognized by the kernel just fine. I've got a stock Lenny install that sees the chip.

Code:
# lspci | grep 82573L
0f:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82573L Gigabit Ethernet Controller

The Realtek, I'm not going to say anything about except avoid them. ;)

What errors, if any, are you seeing? IIRC, the installer does have a shell available off of one of the virtual consoles, I'd look at the output of dmesg, ifconfig, and lspci.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!