Proxmox VE 2.x - firewall option

• Thread starter LANNEX Technologies
  • Start date
L

LANNEX Technologies

Will VE 2.x have a firewall option? I saw it on the road map from Proxmox VE but since the road map was updated I don't see any options about firewall?

Thanks...:cool:

yes, we removed this for the first releases of the 2.x series but we still plan to have a firewall. but yes, you can already use a standard firewall on the host (e.g. shorewall or any other solution for Debian), and also a Firwall as a KVM guest, e.g. pfsense.

Hi,

This is nice to know that firewall is still on the roadmap, even after 2.0... Why not adding an additional "Long term" or "Future ideas" paragraph on the roadmap page ? This may keep us teased and may be avoid repeated Q&As.

Bests

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum.
are some days that I'm glad you Proxmox use, works well.
I'm not good with linux commands and I asked if the new version will place a control panel to manage the firewall, I would be very happy :)

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum.
are some days that I'm glad you Proxmox use, works well.
I'm not good with linux commands and I asked if the new version will place a control panel to manage the firewall, I would be very happy :)
Yes,For example, the Security Groups amazon。

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!