Build Your First DAB OpenVZ Template - DIY Article

apmuthu

Renowned Member
Feb 26, 2009
Chennai - India & Singapore
github.com
To save bandwidth and enable everyone to build their own templates from Build Files provided, I have created a DAB 101 article on the Wiki.

When Application tar balls / zips are not provided, the Makefile in the Build File Set will contain comments as to where they may be downloaded.

I do hope now more community participation will be there in bringing an avalanche of quality templates to the ProxMox table.

First off, the main DAB page is very long.
Second, the main DAB page is about the DAB package, it's syntax and listing example package links.
The Build your first DAB Appliance Template page is about setting up a practical environment - folders and sample files - and then building just one template. It will, I hope, reduce the huge bandwidth needed to download large templates and instead, have fresh ones built in-situ at a fraction of the traffic. And today, another fresh template contributor - an ERP App from France / Belgium has joined the happy bandwagon.

I have however taken your suggestion to keep them all in one place by providing a link to the page from within the DAB page.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!