Is it possible support Moosefs in future?

R

rjyang

Hi Master,

Moosefs is a great network storage solution, I really hope it can be support by PVE in future.

Many thanks!

no plan here - we have no experience with moosefs. how do you use it?

I am using moosefs as my proxmox storage platform right now. Since proxmox ve is base on debian.You can complile moosefs client by your self.I use opensolaris with my moosefs storage server.Opensolaris zfs provide dedup、compression、raid.......many storage feature.Moosefs is fault tolerant distributed file system. With opensolaris+moosefs you can build your storage cloud.

The performance is very good.It's better than nfs on my enviroment.I can get wire speed of my 1G ethernet.If you have 10G or infiniband.The performance would be better.

I am using moosefs as my proxmox storage platform right now. Since proxmox ve is base on debian.You can complile moosefs client by your self.I use opensolaris with my moosefs storage server.Opensolaris zfs provide dedup、compression、raid.......many storage feature.Moosefs is fault tolerant distributed file system. With opensolaris+moosefs you can build your storage cloud.

The performance is very good.It's better than nfs on my enviroment.I can get wire speed of my 1G ethernet.If you have 10G or infiniband.The performance would be better.

If use the moosefs to replace NFS, do the vms will support live migration perfectly? How to add the shared disk spaces by MFS to PVE?

Which one should I choose?
Capture.JPG

If use the moosefs to replace NFS, do the vms will support live migration perfectly? How to add the shared disk spaces by MFS to PVE?

It is a filesystem, so you can use a 'directory' type storage (marked as shared).

yes, i agree with you. moosefs is a great storage solution .there is nice experiance with moosefs

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!