Proxmox in VServer

jimmyone

Jul 14, 2008
Hi together,

I am new in this forum an i hope you can help me...
I have a question about Installation Proxmox in an VE.

I have a vServer with Suse Linux 9.2. I know its very old but my hoster use this version and within two years i can't upgrade. I told my Hoster thats this Version is to old and the Answer was that i must Accept this... :mad:
Another Problem is that i can't cancel my Membership before two years. :rolleyes:
OK, this is another Story...

I have a big Problem with SPAM for my Mail Account or Domain and i would like to install Proxmox in this VE... But i am not sure if is it possible.
Have you tested install Proxmox as VE in an VE? And is my Suse Version supported...

Thanks.

Greetz
Sebi

Hi together,

I am new in this forum an i hope you can help me...
I have a question about Installation Proxmox in an VE.

I have a vServer with Suse Linux 9.2. I know its very old but my hoster use this version and within two years i can't upgrade. I told my Hoster thats this Version is to old and the Answer was that i must Accept this... :mad:
Another Problem is that i can't cancel my Membership before two years. :rolleyes:
OK, this is another Story...

I have a big Problem with SPAM for my Mail Account or Domain and i would like to install Proxmox in this VE... But i am not sure if is it possible.
Have you tested install Proxmox as VE in an VE? And is my Suse Version supported...

Thanks.

Greetz
Sebi

just to be not too confused. Proxmox has several products so it make sense you name it for better understanding.

you want to run the Proxmox Mail Gateway (Spamfilter) on vserver? this is not supported.

Running Proxmox Mail Gateway on Proxmox VE is the preferred way.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!