Can't see a downloaded template

technova

Oct 16, 2010
Can't see a downloaded template [RESOLVED]

Hi,

As my server is an x86_64 architecture, I can't use the default appliance availables in download. So, under ssh, I've downloaded a pre-created from Openvz : http://wiki.openvz.org/Download/template/precreated
(exactly, it was centos-5-x86_64)
in the folder /vz/template/cache

I see the template in the template list page.
But I can't create a new VPS because the template isn't listed in the list of available templates (in the creation page).

I think it's just a problem of missing meta data, but I don't know where to field them.

Curiously, I've already installed a debian-5-x86_64 template, but I don't remember how I managed to make it appear in the install list. Maybe with dab -- but it's not possible with centos I guess.. : /

My server :
Linux ksxxx.kimsufi.com 2.6.32-3-pve #1 SMP Fri Sep 17 17:56:13 CEST 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux
PVE 1.6

Thanks,

.Gilles

Attachments

• Image 3.png
    Image 3.png
    42 KB · Views: 10
  • Image 4.png
    Image 4.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Re: Can't see a downloaded template [RESOLVED]

Why not? (i386 appliances runs perfectly on x86_64)

Of course it may work (even if a test I've done with a Debian wasn't a success, but maybe the problem wasn't on the i386 choise).

On openvz, the templates indicate i386 and x86_64 : There may me some optimization that make an x86_64 template work better on a 64bit architecture, no ?

Re: Can't see a downloaded template [RESOLVED]

Of course it may work (even if a test I've done with a Debian wasn't a success, but maybe the problem wasn't on the i386 choise).

I am 200% sure that it works ;-)

On openvz, the templates indicate i386 and x86_64 : There may me some optimization that make an x86_64 template work better on a 64bit architecture, no ?

No.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!