Daily spam report - delay

nick

Mar 28, 2007
Hi All,

I receive a request from some users regarding to the Daily Spam Report. All the time the system send this report at 00:05 and for users who have Blackberry it's not good because they receive this mail in the middle of the night and they are wake up.

Now, what can I do to delay this report (let's say to be send on 07:00 AM)? Otherwise I need to cancel him...

Thank you!

You can edit the crontab template

# vi /var/lib/proxmox/templates/proxmox.crontab.in

(see 'man 5 crontab' for documentation about the format)

then run

# proxconfig -s

NOTE: You have to redo this setting after any software upgrade (servicepack).

If I understand well, I need to make this change after every service pack?

it's possible to add this option in the future options for PMG? I think it's better to have available the settings to set the hour when this report to be deliver to the user...or change from default to 07:00-09:00 AM. I think this is the hour when most of the users start the day work...

You can edit the crontab template

# vi /var/lib/proxmox/templates/proxmox.crontab.in

then run

# proxconfig -s

The changes will be made on this line:

Code:
5 0 * * * root /usr/bin/proxspamreport -y -p>/dev/null 2>&1

The firts digit (5) represent minute (available from 0 to 59) and 0 represend hour (from 0 to 23). If someone want to set the delivery hour to 8:15 AM we will set: 15 8 * *...

after that run proxconfig -s and if you want you can reboot the server!

If I understand well, I need to make this change after every service pack?

yes

it's possible to add this option in the future options for PMG? I think it's better to have available the settings to set the hour when this report to be deliver to the user...or change from default to 07:00-09:00 AM. I think this is the hour when most of the users start the day work...

No, there is currently no plan to implement that.

No, there is currently no plan to implement that.

Hi All.

Are there any plans to creating a sheduler for daily users reports? Maybe in following release?

Thanks!

Hi All.

Are there any plans to creating a sheduler for daily users reports? Maybe in following release?

Thanks!

currently there is no plan to change this.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!