Master IP Not working

Mrdude

Apr 13, 2010
USA
ok so whats happened is i have a cluster of 2 (1 Master, 1 Node)
the Master ip is: *.*.*.18
it has a second nic with the ip of: *.*.*.60

the Node ip is a public wich is: *.*.*.62
and a second nic with a private ip: *.*.48.10

with the *.*.*.62 ip i cannot get into through the web, ftp, ssh.
with the *.*.48.10 ip i can get in through web (but no write access), ftp, ssh.

the master ip "*.*.*.18" connects to the node ip "*.*.*.62" for clustering.
so now through the master web gui i try and change something on the node and it comes up with some errors??
Code:
error: unable to apply VM settings, command failed:/usr/bin/ssh -n -o BatchMode=yes *.*.*62/usr/sbin/qm set 110 --vlan0 ,rtl8139=7E:2D:61:6F:BE:A9,

this all happened after i added the private ip. i didnt want to try deleting it without first getting some input?

ok so whats happened is i have a cluster of 2 (1 Master, 1 Node)
the Master ip is: *.*.*.18
it has a second nic with the ip of: *.*.*.60

the Node ip is a public wich is: *.*.*.62
and a second nic with a private ip: *.*.48.10

with the *.*.*.62 ip i cannot get into through the web, ftp, ssh.
with the *.*.48.10 ip i can get in through web (but no write access), ftp, ssh.

the master ip "*.*.*.18" connects to the node ip "*.*.*.62" for clustering.
so now through the master web gui i try and change something on the node and it comes up with some errors??
Code:
error: unable to apply VM settings, command failed:/usr/bin/ssh -n -o BatchMode=yes *.*.*62/usr/sbin/qm set 110 --vlan0 ,rtl8139=7E:2D:61:6F:BE:A9,
this all happened after i added the private ip. i didnt want to try deleting it without first getting some input?
Hi,
you give a little bit less input. E.g. are the .18 and the .60 in different networks?
Without netmask it's hard to give a statement (for me). If you think, your IP addresse are very secret, randomize it, but in a usable way - like 1.2.3.18/24 and 4.5.6.60/16.

One thing to remember: The cluster nodes must be in the same net to communicate (over vmbr0 or eth0).
Changes via webgui only allowed on the master - this explain your "no write access" on the node.

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!