Thread: Master IP Not working

Default Master IP Not working

ok so whats happened is i have a cluster of 2 (1 Master, 1 Node)
    the Master ip is: *.*.*.18
    it has a second nic with the ip of: *.*.*.60

the Node ip is a public wich is: *.*.*.62
    and a second nic with a private ip: *.*.48.10

with the *.*.*.62 ip i cannot get into through the web, ftp, ssh.
    with the *.*.48.10 ip i can get in through web (but no write access), ftp, ssh.

the master ip "*.*.*.18" connects to the node ip "*.*.*.62" for clustering.
    so now through the master web gui i try and change something on the node and it comes up with some errors??
    Code:
    error: unable to apply VM settings, command failed:/usr/bin/ssh -n -o BatchMode=yes *.*.*62/usr/sbin/qm set 110 --vlan0 ,rtl8139=7E:2D:61:6F:BE:A9,
    this all happened after i added the private ip. i didnt want to try deleting it without first getting some input?

Default Re: Master IP Not working

Quote Originally Posted by Mrdude View Post
    ok so whats happened is i have a cluster of 2 (1 Master, 1 Node)
    the Master ip is: *.*.*.18
    it has a second nic with the ip of: *.*.*.60

the Node ip is a public wich is: *.*.*.62
    and a second nic with a private ip: *.*.48.10

with the *.*.*.62 ip i cannot get into through the web, ftp, ssh.
    with the *.*.48.10 ip i can get in through web (but no write access), ftp, ssh.

the master ip "*.*.*.18" connects to the node ip "*.*.*.62" for clustering.
    so now through the master web gui i try and change something on the node and it comes up with some errors??
    Code:
    error: unable to apply VM settings, command failed:/usr/bin/ssh -n -o BatchMode=yes *.*.*62/usr/sbin/qm set 110 --vlan0 ,rtl8139=7E:2D:61:6F:BE:A9,
    this all happened after i added the private ip. i didnt want to try deleting it without first getting some input?
    Hi,
    you give a little bit less input. E.g. are the .18 and the .60 in different networks?
    Without netmask it's hard to give a statement (for me). If you think, your IP addresse are very secret, randomize it, but in a usable way - like 1.2.3.18/24 and 4.5.6.60/16.

One thing to remember: The cluster nodes must be in the same net to communicate (over vmbr0 or eth0).
    Changes via webgui only allowed on the master - this explain your "no write access" on the node.

Udo