How to update Proxmox with yestaerdays new patch-kernel (for OpenVZ in 2.6.32-2) ?

I need to use both KVM and OpenVZ in proxmox.
With Kernel 2.6.18 this is possibly, but there is no Memory Balooning feature as in the improved kernels of 2.6.32.

There is a thread on this topic:
http://forum.proxmox.com/threads/39...6.24-and-2.6.32-including-KVM-0.12.4-and-gPXE
According to the info there, it should be possible to use the new improved kernel WITH the OpenVZ patches (uploaded on 25.5.2010) in the proxmox-sources-section of: ftp://download.proxmox.com/sources/ .

Presently i have 2.6.32-2-pve, 2.6.32-1-pve and 2.6.18-2-pve running.

I tried :
apt-get update
and then
apt-get upgrade
apt-get dist-upgrade

but this did not install the new kernel.

Do I have to add something to my /etc/apt/sources.list in Proxmox ?
Or should I download the relevant file(s) locally and try to install.

I just want to be able to run the Memory balooning feature on my Windows-KVMs AND OpenVZ simultaneously.

Re: How to update Proxmox with yestaerdays new patch-kernel (for OpenVZ in 2.6.32-2)

there is no OpenVZ in our 2.6.32, maybe in future.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!