Dedicated Interface for Cluster Replication

macday

Mar 10, 2010
Stuttgart / Germany
Hi Guys,

could someone tell me howto use a dedicated NIC for cluster replication.
I tried using eth1 with a private network 2.2.2.2/24 but the cluster configures only with the ip from the installation. Is there any howto? Of course I'm thinking about DRBD but this will be my second step.

Thanks
macday

Hi,

I've run into the same problem here. I'm migrating a 4 node cluster from v1.9 to a 5 node cluster all on v3.1.

As I'm "starting over" I thought of separating replication network from production network.

My first idea was to use the IP from the replication interface when issuing the command: "pvecm add IP-ADDRESS-CLUSTER" (that would be the replication interface IP).

After reading this, I assume that it wouldn't work as expected and the correct method is to use vmbr0 as the "replication interface", and then vmbr1 as production network, etc.

Actual config:

vmbr0 - public network
vmbr1 - private network
vmbr2 - replication network (useless ATM)

Proper config:

vmbr0 - replication network
vmbr1 - public network
vmbr2 - private network

Is this correct?

Thanks in advanced.

Best regards,

Hi,

I've run into the same problem here. I'm migrating a 4 node cluster from v1.9 to a 5 node cluster all on v3.1.

As I'm "starting over" I thought of separating replication network from production network.

My first idea was to use the IP from the replication interface when issuing the command: "pvecm add IP-ADDRESS-CLUSTER" (that would be the replication interface IP).

After reading this, I assume that it wouldn't work as expected and the correct method is to use vmbr0 as the "replication interface", and then vmbr1 as production network, etc.

Actual config:

vmbr0 - public network
vmbr1 - private network
vmbr2 - replication network (useless ATM)

Proper config:

vmbr0 - replication network
vmbr1 - public network
vmbr2 - private network

Is this correct?

Thanks in advanced.

Best regards,

Wow! just realized this is v1.9 forum, I think this should be asked somewhere else.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!