Proxmox firewall AKA proxwall question

kumarullal

Renowned Member
Jun 17, 2009
LA, USA
HI,
Is this project alive? I would like to use this product. Can it support Ipsec VPN tunneling? Is there a way to install it on a Debian Lenny server?
Are there any security problems?
Thanks in advance.

Proxwall project is stopped.

The site http://proxmox.net/index.php?page=technology seems to have Thai language menus.

Does the proxwall ISO work for the current ProxMox?

dbimage.php

It seems to sport a regular ProxMox like interface.

Any reason why it was stopped - competition with own commercial products?

Is it okay to use in a container?

How does it compare with pfSense (in a container)?

Request user experiences with it.

again, Proxwall is stopped, there are no updates for years. so if you use it as firewall you will have a lot of security holes. btw, proxmox.net should be ignored, now redirects to proxmox.com - but looks direct links are still pointing to this outdated content.

we stopped proxwall due to several reasons, I recommend you go for a widely used and regular updated firewall distro.

There are several good firewall distributions out there. I have been using pfsense for a while, which is a fork of M0n0Wall with more features and based off of freeBSD. There is also a newer ipfire firewall based off of linux

Yes pfSense is nice and I've used it on several occasions - only that ProxWall has a nice and familiar ProxMox like interface.

Wondering about the Thai language content in Proxmox.net - a domain owned by Thai person - Chonpakorn Phongphisist, Your Connect Co Ltd. - and it's relation to proxmox. Do they do the PHP programming for ProxMox ? The domain appears created in 2005 - the time when the last proxwall files were released.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!