Large pve-root

everclear

Feb 27, 2010
Hi all,

I have proxmox installed and running fine. The current server has ~300GB of disk space and ~70GB was allocated to pve-root.

As this server is quite new, I'm wondering if I have just not come across the reason for such a large root partition (3% used at present).

Is it possible to specify a boot option for the installer to decrease this or is the only way to install debian first with your own layout.

Fantastic
i spent 2 days to find out, how to install proxmox only in a part of the hard-disk. unfortunately i cannot install debian first as the dell T110 is not supported, i mean, debian can be installed but it does not boot, i tried many installations. Is there a way to also get sda2 smaller, so i have a big free physical space on the harddisk? how to shrink lvm was successfully, but i need a free partition. do not ask me why, else i have to write a book.

Question, where did you find out the boot parameters, as at boottime there is no help.
ty in advance

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!