Quick question how do you set the proxmox shell to dhpc ip address?

Lanlink

Jan 14, 2010
Hi there.
I've moved my server and upon connecting the server to the network a new ip address will be given but inorder for me to get the address it needs to be assigned, and the only to that is to allow a temp dhpc assignment.

Is there a command which I can use to allow the server to find the new address? Like what happens during first installation.

Thanks

Hi there.
I've moved my server and upon connecting the server to the network a new ip address will be given but inorder for me to get the address it needs to be assigned, and the only to that is to allow a temp dhpc assignment.

Is there a command which I can use to allow the server to find the new address? Like what happens during first installation.

Thanks

I do not suggest to use dhcp, but anyways: you need to edit /etc/network/interfaces and after that, restart networking by '/etc/init.d/networking restart'

I do not suggest to use dhcp, but anyways: you need to edit /etc/network/interfaces and after that, restart networking by '/etc/init.d/networking restart'

Hi thanks for your input. Its a static ip address, but it automatically get assigned to the machine upon connection - but this can only happen if the server allows DHCP to be assigned to it.

Ive tried what you've suggested and its still got the same IP address, its like it didn't attempt to find it or assign a new one.

Can you suggest anything else?

Hi thanks for your input. Its a static ip address, but it automatically get assigned to the machine upon connection - but this can only happen if the server allows DHCP to be assigned to it.

Ive tried what you've suggested and its still got the same IP address, its like it didn't attempt to find it or assign a new one.

Can you suggest anything else?

Hi,
you have tried it with:
Code:
iface vmbr0 inet dhcp
        bridge_ports eth0
        bridge_stp off
        bridge_fd 0
??

Udo

Hi
When I run that command I get the message permission denied.
I'm logged in as the root user.

Thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!