Thread: Quick question how do you set the proxmox shell to dhpc ip address?

Default Quick question how do you set the proxmox shell to dhpc ip address?

Hi there.
    I've moved my server and upon connecting the server to the network a new ip address will be given but inorder for me to get the address it needs to be assigned, and the only to that is to allow a temp dhpc assignment.

Is there a command which I can use to allow the server to find the new address? Like what happens during first installation.

Thanks

Default Re: Quick question how do you set the proxmox shell to dhpc ip address?

Quote Originally Posted by Lanlink View Post
    Hi there.
    I've moved my server and upon connecting the server to the network a new ip address will be given but inorder for me to get the address it needs to be assigned, and the only to that is to allow a temp dhpc assignment.

Is there a command which I can use to allow the server to find the new address? Like what happens during first installation.

Thanks
    I do not suggest to use dhcp, but anyways: you need to edit /etc/network/interfaces and after that, restart networking by '/etc/init.d/networking restart'
    Best regards,
    Tom

Do you have already a Commercial Support Subscription? - If not, Buy now

Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    I do not suggest to use dhcp, but anyways: you need to edit /etc/network/interfaces and after that, restart networking by '/etc/init.d/networking restart'
    Hi thanks for your input. Its a static ip address, but it automatically get assigned to the machine upon connection - but this can only happen if the server allows DHCP to be assigned to it.

Ive tried what you've suggested and its still got the same IP address, its like it didn't attempt to find it or assign a new one.

Can you suggest anything else?

Hi thanks for your input. Its a static ip address, but it automatically get assigned to the machine upon connection - but this can only happen if the server allows DHCP to be assigned to it.

Ive tried what you've suggested and its still got the same IP address, its like it didn't attempt to find it or assign a new one.

Can you suggest anything else?
    Hi,
    you have tried it with:
    Code:
    iface vmbr0 inet dhcp
            bridge_ports eth0
            bridge_stp off
            bridge_fd 0
    ??

Udo

Quote Originally Posted by udo View Post
    Hi,
    you have tried it with:
    Code:
    iface vmbr0 inet dhcp
            bridge_ports eth0
            bridge_stp off
            bridge_fd 0
    ??

Udo
    Hi Udo
    Just tried that command, but the the iface isn't a valid command.

Hi Udo
    Just tried that command, but the the iface isn't a valid command.
    You are right,
    this is the content of /etc/network/interfaces.

Dont forget after changing to restart the network:
    Now came a command ;-)

Code:
    /etc/init.d/networking restart
    Udo

Hi
    When I run that command I get the message permission denied.
    I'm logged in as the root user.

Thanks