Strange problem networking Proxmox 1.1

scontin

Renowned Member
Feb 24, 2009
Hi all from Italy!!!

I have a strange problem:
From 8 months I have a perfectly working setup of Proxmox 1.1 in a production environment, 3 Virtual Machines, 1 Win2k server + 1 WinXP Professsional kvm and a Debian Lenny OpenVZ.

Because i'm using RAID1 software, I can't upgrade to 1.4 (I tried the upgrade script, a disaster).

The problem is that a business management software, installed on WinXP machine, use a lot of SMB traffic, and it seems to freeze host.

I made a lot of tests, passing software on Win2k machine, changing virtual NICs and their speed. Always the same: suddenly, without any apparent reason, host freeze.
After a hard reboot, all normal.
No trace on logs. I'm sure it's not a HW problem.

The only thing I noticed, freezes seem to be related with high load SMB traffic. Only when software is used heavily, a freeze can occur.

Any idea?

Any idea?

yes, do not use software raid as we point this out every time.

we do not support old releases so you should move to the latest version.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!