Unable to use copy/paste into proxmox VE

stephchezsasic

Jan 22, 2015
Hi everybody,

I installed a few weeks ago proxmox VE release 3.4.1 to create multiple Windows environments but I need to enable copy/paste from host computer to VM.
We don't use Spice because mouse pointer have a shift problem (this problem is indeed known but I didn't found solution on Proxmox forum).
We use Tiger VNC to connect to VM (in order to allow user registration with login/password - to connect to VM)

I've tried to find solution many time on this forum - some posts explain solutions - but nothing works.
Should I use SPICE in order to enable Copy/paste (so fix the mouse pointer problem) or is there another solution ?

Sorry for my bad english, I'm French ;)

Thanks in advance !

Best regards,

Stephane H

Copy/Paste works great with SPICE.

See http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/SPICE

Of course, if you run windows you can connect to your VMs with traditional windows toolset, e.g. RDP. Just configure this as you would do it on a physical host.

Copy paste works perfectly with spice. I confirm the same.we use Proxmox VE 6.4.

is there any option to disable copy paste for spice client. We have this for requirement for compliance requirements.

I know we can stop the spice vagent service in windows but that disables smooth mouse moments between client and guest (remote viewer) and also resolution changes on remote viewer window resize.

any option that can be added as a argument in the conf file

thanks I’m advance

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!