Host not a fully qualified domain name

rsperson

Nov 29, 2015
Confused with the installer 4.0 I use gt5628.frontier.com. The network settings are correctly displayed. I don't have my own domain and all other linux machines operate just fine with their names ie dx4822.frontier.com when I ping dx4822 from the command line. I can ping gt5628 from another linux machine and it replys. The IP address is in my router/gateway for gt5628 from a previous use. I must be missing something obvious but can't find the answer.

This is a learning environment for me. I am a Unix/Linux lightweight.

ESXi won't install bacause of a hardware quirk, I had ubuntu 14.04 running xen - seemed ok. Had a previouse KVM setup that worked but was a real mess. I found Proxmox and thought it would be an easier setup. so far no joy

Solved sort of...............

Installed with 3.4 - no issue with FQDM

methinks an issue with the install script for 4.0

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!