proxmox 1.4 openvz dropdown list of templates

webservio

Renowned Member
May 13, 2009
I just upgraded a server to proxmox 1.4. Every thing looks good so far except for having difficulties to display the long list drop downs. For example when I try to create a new vps and select openvz I used to simply get a list of the available templates. I do not get that any more and the choices are limited and so is navigation through the choices. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

I do not get that any more and the choices are limited and so is navigation through the choices. Am I missing something?

There is a new template naming convention, so maybe you need to rename your templates to something like:

<OS>-<OSVERSION>-<NAME>_<VERSION>_<ARCH>.tar.gz

for example: "ubuntu-8.04-standard_8.04-1_i386.tar.gz"

Does that work?
progress.gif

Hello,

I have the same problem but renaming templates is not the solution. The problem is only with firefox 3.5.3. With internet explorer 8, it's ok...

I hope my post can help you to resolve this issue, with proxmox 1.3 before the upgrade, there was no problem.

The problem is solved. Today, everything is ok... the only thing I did was turning off my desktop PC yesterday evening and start it today... strange.

And I can't show you a screenshot, so a little description of the problem : all the combobox were open with all items of the menu and it wasn't possible to click into them using firefox.

thanks for your quick reply and congratulations for proxmox ve.

Hi, Just wanted to let you know I had the same problem as the OP but renaming all my templates resolved it so thanks heaps.

Perhaps for the next upgrade you could include a script to automatically change the name of any templates that exist in the default location?

Cheers.

Hello Dietmar,

'i386' and 'amd64'

Thanx for your answer.

Follow up:
If I want to use a template with an x86-64 architecture,
is it better to name it 'i386' or 'amd64'?

I mean - are there any consequences beyond the name itself?

Kind regards,

Joachim

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!