Zfs/LXC timeout

dragon2611

Renowned Member
Jul 2, 2010
Got this one when creating a LXC container on a zfs file system
TASK ERROR: command 'zfs create -o 'refquota=26214400k' Vms1/subvol-107-disk-1' failed: got timeout

Disk's were under load at the time, it looks like the command did execute just took longer than proxmox was prepared to wait.

Since lets face it people ARE going to put this on underpowered boxes in Homelabs/Cheap hosts.etc is it possible to set it to wait a bit longer before giving up?

Should work fine... have here three containers at ZFS running fine. System up to date? Do you use an rpool or another pool? On rpool i was not able to setup an LXC.

Another Pool,

The problem only happens if the ZFS is busy/bogged down with I/O when you try and create the container, Id hope in a production system no one would let ZFS get that bogged down, but I can see it happening on lab system and also low end boxes such as the kind people tend to get from the cheaper dedicated server providers, i,e that use consumer grade sata drives.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!