Physical Port mapping not working for USB 3.0

CFI

Oct 3, 2015
Hi,

I have Proxmox 4.0 Beta 2 on my host (Zotac ZBOX nano CI321) and I am trying to forward the USB Ports to my guest (Windows Server 2016 Essentials TP3).
I followed the wiki from here: /wiki/USB_physical_port_mapping
This worked fine for the USB 2.0 port on the device and everything plugged into that port shows up in my guest automatically, but for the USB 3.0 ports it is not working.
If I add my test device directly like explained at /wiki/USB_Devices_in_Virtual_Machines the device also shows up in my guest, but only that device no other device plugged to that port, which is what I want to achive.

Am I doing something wrong here, as USB 3.0 works little different than 2.0 or is that not supported yet?

regards
Christoph

Hi,

I have the CI320 at home and the USB 3.0 are not stable on this box.
I don't know but i thig you have the same USB 3.0 chip in this successor version.

Thanks for your feedback, but if I map the specific device to my guest and not the port it works fine.
...and in the end there will be a different machine used - the CI321 is just my test-environment.

I will try it out on my "real machine" as soon as the parts are delivered...

P.S.: The CI321 has a Haswell CPU/Chipset so I *think* also the USB 3.0 is not "from the same chip"...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!