Sambashare from host to CT??

Hi, I have in Proxmox 3.4 used a bind script to mount samba shares that are shared from the host "proxmox2.local" to Containers on that host and it has worked great! But now, after installing Proxmox 4.0 I cant see anything under "/etc/vz/" except for one file called config?? Where are conf files for containers now? The script I have been using is this;

http://www.jamescoyle.net/how-to/525-proxmox-bind-mount-mount-storage-in-a-container

Take a look at the docs for lxc.mount.entry. The config files for LXC containers are in /etc/pve/lxc/$CTID/config. You can add a line like:

lxc.mount.entry = /some/dir/on/host container/mountpoint none bind 0 0

Take a look at the docs for lxc.mount.entry. The config files for LXC containers are in /etc/pve/lxc/$CTID/config. You can add a line like:

lxc.mount.entry = /some/dir/on/host container/mountpoint none bind 0 0

Thanks for the help:)

I tried your suggestion but had no luck, I also found a similar line, lxc.mount.entry = /home/krnekhelesh/Documents/Ubuntu-Projects home/ubuntu none bind,create=dir

But it dident work... The mountpoint on the host i'm trying to mount in the container is /mnt/mediabibliotek And on the host I want to mount it in /mnt So the line I have writen looks like this;

lxc.mount.entry = /mnt/mediabibliotek /mnt none bind,create=dir
I also tried
lxc.mount.entry = /mnt/mediabibliotek /mnt none bind 0 0

The lines where enterd in /etc/lxc/100/config (think that was the right directory)

By node do you mean the CT or the proxmox server?

Config changes for a VM or CT requires the VM or CT is shutdown and then started again. You should normally not have to restart the proxmox server.

By node do you mean the CT or the proxmox server?

Config changes for a VM or CT requires the VM or CT is shutdown and then started again. You should normally not have to restart the proxmox server.

I mean that I had to restart the node that my containers are on, I have two nodes in a cluster. And after restart of "node2" the share was available on the containers.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!