proxmox 4.0

cronner

Aug 4, 2012
Where to download templates for Proxmox 4.0?
When i use a openvz template it installs a i686 instead of x86_64 which the template is.

Also where to report bugs for Proxmox 4.0 Beta? :)

Could swear that they weren't there some days ago lol, but they are there now :/

will only be using 64bit so that's great.

Fresh Debian 8.0 lxc template "Linux webserver 3.19.8-1-pve #1 SMP Wed Jun 17 06:36:30 CEST 2015 i686 GNU/Linux" :/ so 32bit same as openvz templates

some minimal templates at some time would be great :)

With openvz and lxc in general you can navigate to the container from host system allways liked that why the .raw file?

Last edited:
I also installed a fresh Debian 8.0 lxc template (also compiled one with the dab, it is sure configured to be 64 bit).
Your right uname -m tells that we're using a i686 system, but when you check some system binaries, i.e. with
Code:
file /sbin/init
# or
file /usr/bin/file

we get
Code:
/sbin/init: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64 ...
/usr/bin/file: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, ...
So it is in fact a 64 bit system. Altough at the moment for me it's a mystery why uname reports i686. Possibly a small bug from lxc, as it defines the environment variables.
If its important for an application use
Code:
 setarch x86_64 application

Last edited by a moderator:
sure is :/
/sbin/init: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2, for GNU/Linux 2.6.32, BuildID[sha1]=e8b7c47e46abe359442f435fc95144279c5ddec5, stripped

but scripts fails to install because it think it's 32bit, what about apt-get packages will it get 64bit or 32bit packages?

can't find anything on google about manually changing it
Host system is fine Linux s 3.19.8-1-pve #1 SMP Wed Jun 17 06:36:30 CEST 2015 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Last edited:
The packages you install will be 64bit ones, as the container-system is 64bit.
running
Code:
dpkg --print-architecture
# returns, or should return:
amd64
confirms that.

If you need also 32bit support for some applications take a look at https://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/HOWTO.

Sorry, but what are you trying to change for which script? I did not understand that, sorry about that.

Only as info the value uname -a or uname -m returns SHOULD match the underlying system, and it does if the system runs direct on a physical machine. But as we have a Virtual Container context where the environment is faked by lxc/openvz this isn't always the case, unfortunately.

Tried to install a script it gave me:
WARNING: It seems that the system architecture (32bit) does not match the package you've downloaded (64bit). Please download the correct version of Multicraft for your system

wanted to change debian så that uname -a was outputting the correct one :)

For that purpose use simply:
Code:
setarch x86_64 ./scriptname
as described above in my first post, and change ./scriptname to your desired script :)
It changes the environment variables for the given command - in this case ./scriptname - so that uname returns 64bit.

I hope that resolved the issue.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!