Problems installing Proxmox on DL180gen9

bgit

Jun 29, 2015
Hi!

I am making my second installation of Proxmox in a DL180 gen9. I had no problems with the first one, 3 VM are running since a couple of months.

Thing is that I have a second DL180 gen9. After making 2 RAID1 in the controller I boot from CD and Proxmox installation starts. Once I select install, it crashes and server reboots. I have tried with Proxmox 3.4 and 4.0 Beta 1 and with both of them I get the same issue.

Last thing I am able to see is:

Kernel Panic - not syncing: An NMI occurred.
Clocksource tsc unstable (delta = -858....... ns).
Pid: 0, comm: swapper veid: 0 Not tainted 2.6.32-39-pve #1
And a call trace...

Photo of screen attached.

There strange thing is that after this is shown on screen, the server sounds like rebooted but the screen won´t refresh until I push the button of the server to power off it and switch it on again.

Any comment or help on this issue?

Thanks everybody

Jon

Attachments

• la foto.jpg
    la foto.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 16
Intel Xeon 2620v3

Update:

I have been able to install Proxmox via USB, until now I did it through a CD.

Now, I am having unplaned reboot problems, I´ll make some tests and update this post.

Thanks!

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!