How perform a restore of a VM with several virtual disks in different storages

cesarpk

Mar 31, 2012
Hi to all

I want to do a single question: How can i do for restore a VM that has several virtual disks in different storages in very few steps?

A better explanation about of my question:
1) I have a VM with 4 virtual disks in different arrays of disks, and when this PVE node dies, i will need restore the backup of the VM in other PVE node that have other arrays of disks, and i can not perform a restore of all virtual disks in a single disk due to the problem of the available space.

2) I think that can be possible by CLI, so please, if anybody can explain me the steps (commands and arguments) that i need to run for perform this task.

3) My target is: Not use a big disk as a temporary means of storage for after have that perform manually a copy of each virtual disk where finally must be located (due to the big size of each virtual disk and the loss of time in these intermediate processes).

4) As part of the task, also the configuration of the VM should be restored.

Notes:
A) I know that the last action to perform will be edit the configuration of the VM, and for me, such action is not a problem.
B) Also i know that previously must exist the configuration of storage of the images of disk in the PVE GUI.
C) Some times in the past, to PVE developers team I have requested this feature for that be added in the GUI PVE, but unfortunately no one has responded me.

Best regards
Cesar

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!