Cannot install it manually on Wheezer

Jim@@@

May 14, 2015
Hi,
I was trying to install Proxmox on a clean Debian Wheezer. Went through the process, but after restarting, it seems that Proxmox is not up, so that I cannot log in through a web browser.
Followed the steps in Wiki, and one thing that puzzled me was after installing Proxmox VE Kernel.

It says, "Make sure to select Proxmox VE Kernel on the boot loader (grub2) - Attention: Default is the 3.2 kernel"
Then "Reboot: Now restart the system using the Proxmox VE kernel"

Why does it not say reboot FIRST and choose the option?
Do I need reboot?

Anyway, I rebooted it after installing Kernel headers, then I chose "advanced" and clicked on 2.6.
What I see is:
Proxmox Virtual Environment GUN'Linux, with Linux 2.6.32-39-pve
Proxmox Virtual Environment GUN'Linux, with Linux 2.6.32-39-pve (recovery mode)
Proxmox Virtual Environment GUN'Linux, with Linux 2.6.26-39-pve
Proxmox Virtual Environment GUN'Linux, with Linux 2.6.26-39-pve (recovery mode)

uname -a showed "Linux HOSTNAME 2.6.32-26-pve #1 SMP MON Oct ...."

OK, I just realized that I had a lot of errors shown at the end of the installation. Please see the picture
View attachment 2717

Where can I start to make it happen? By the way, The automatic installation did not work for me. The BIOS does not handle it well.

Please advise.

Hi,

It says, "Make sure to select Proxmox VE Kernel on the boot loader (grub2) - Attention: Default is the 3.2 kernel"
Then "Reboot: Now restart the system using the Proxmox VE kernel"

Why does it not say reboot FIRST and choose the option?

Proxmox's kernel has a lower version number than Wheezy (Proxmox supports OpenVZ container, and the latest existing kernel for
it is 2.6.32). GRUB always defines the highest kernel version (in that case original Wheezy) as default.
Do I need reboot?
Yes

OK, I just realized that I had a lot of errors shown at the end of the installation. Please see the picture

The picture is not visible ("Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator")

However, use the Proxmox install ISO - that's easier and also real Debian.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!