1.4beta2 bugs

mustardman

Sep 30, 2009
Where do I submit bugs? I don't see any links anywhere on this site.

Running 1.4beta2 I think I have found a few.

1) After uploading an OpenVZ virtual appliance (CentOS 5 64bit) via the Proxmox web management interface it does not show as a option when creating a new VM.

2)After creating an OpenVZ VM with Memory set to 256MB and Swap set to 256MB the created VM indicates 512MB Memory and 512MB Swap on the Proxmox web interface.

3)After creating a KVM VM with default settings and starting that VM the CPU usage is always around 98% even though nothing is happening. Even after stopping and deleting my other VM.

1) After uploading an OpenVZ virtual appliance (CentOS 5 64bit) via the Proxmox web management interface it does not show as a option when creating a new VM.

http://www.proxmox.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2135&highlight=template

I guess I should add a check for that and issue an error/warning on upload.

2)After creating an OpenVZ VM with Memory set to 256MB and Swap set to 256MB the created VM indicates 512MB Memory and 512MB Swap on the Proxmox web interface.

I cant reproduce that bug her. Is it reproducable on your side?

3)After creating a KVM VM with default settings and starting that VM the CPU usage is always around 98% even though nothing is happening. Even after stopping and deleting my other VM.

DOS BIOS always uses 100%, but the value should go down as soon as a real OS starts.

the forum is the right place for now.

just rename it, see: http://www.proxmox.com/forum/showthread.php?p=11659#poststop

if you specify 256 plus 256 you can use 512 (RAM/Swap). currently ram and swap settings are just summarized. (in openvz, there is currently no extra swap)

this is a known issue, cpu usage is not shown correctly. Newer Kernels will do this better.

the forum is the right place for now.

just rename it, see: http://www.proxmox.com/forum/showthread.php?p=11659#poststop

if you specify 256 plus 256 you can use 512 (RAM/Swap). currently ram and swap settings are just summarized. (in openvz, there is currently no extra swap)

this is a known issue, cpu usage is not shown correctly. Newer Kernels will do this better.

Ok, good to know that you know about it already.

Forget about #2. I loaded v1.3 and realized that the 512MB is Mem+Swap so I was just reading it wrong.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!