PCI passthrough of DVB-T card

philled

May 25, 2015
I have a DVB-T card which I've installed on a Proxmox 3 server. I'm trying to get PCI passthrough working with a DVB-T digital TV tuner card on a Ubuntu MythTV VM and I'm part way there. One thing I'm confused about is that the PCI card shows up with two entries when you run lspci on the Proxmox host:

05:02.0 Multimedia video controller: Conexant Systems, Inc. CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video and Audio Decoder (rev 05)
05:02.2 Multimedia controller: Conexant Systems, Inc. CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video and Audio Decoder [MPEG Port] (rev 05)

Why is that? I'm asking because I can only get one of them to pass through to the VM (the one with ID 05:02.2 and I have to define it as hostpci0). At this stage I'm assuming that the DVB-T tuner card isn't going to work if only one of the PCI devices gets passed through (though haven't fully tested it yet).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!