[SOLVED] ZFS Issues on reboot

lweidig

Oct 20, 2011
Sheboygan, WI
I saw some posts related to this, but nothing that offers a solution. We have just installed a new Proxmox 3.4 server and during installation setup the boot SSD's to use ZFS mirrored for them. The installation proceeded without issue and system booted fine. We then went into via SSH to create a pool ZFS10 pool using the following commands:

Code:
# Create the pool using 4K advanced format drives (ashift=12)
zpool create -f -o ashift=12 Storage mirror /dev/sdc /dev/sdd mirror /dev/sde /dev/sdf mirror /dev/sdg /dev/sdh mirror /dev/sdi /dev/sdj
# Next two lines to get consistent non-changing device ID's if you add/remove devices to the controller - See [URL]http://kbdone.com/zfs-basics/[/URL] for details
zpool export Storage
zpool import Storage -d /dev/disk/by-id
# Enable compression on new pool, off by default
zfs set compression=on Storage
# Tried with and without this one, no difference
zfs set mountpoint=/Storage Storage

This is all well and good, can see Storage mounted at /Storage and then I reboot. On reboot there is no mount for /Storage, though simply issuing the following command on a running system will bring it back:

Code:
zpool import Storage -d /dev/disk/by-id

I have already changed the /etc/default/zfs to have the ZFS_MOUNT=yes line enabled and this does not help.

Looking for other suggestions. Thanks!

SOLUTION: This was resolved by simply registering the server, applying the latest round of Enterprise updates and rebooting! Leaving this in case another person has a similar issue!

Last edited:
There are updated zfs packages on all repositories.

Hi There

I did an apt-get update and apt-get upgrade but the problem persisted. I had ZFS_MOUNT='yes' in /etc/default/zfs but no luck. In the end I have added zpool import -d /dev/disk/by-id -d <poolname> into /etc/rc.local to get this to work.

I am using proxmox 3.4 without a subscription.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!